Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Assigned Entry #3: Food, Yummy?

I saw Food Inc. again for the second time last week, and either I forgot a lot of stuff or I wasn’t paying enough attention the first time.
I think it was a bit of both.
Anyways, just like the first time, I don’t feel like eating meat from anywhere other than Chipotle.
There’s a few reasons why: I don’t like the fact that they inject animals with chemicals, antibiotics, and so on; I can’t stand the way animals are treated in the farms; and it’s repulsive to know that the food industry is run by only a few companies.

Who wants to eat engineered food with antibiotics and hormones pumped into it?  I don’t know about you, but that sounds disgusting to me.
Food shouldn’t need to be made this way; nature has been fine for centuries without humans using so many products on it.
It's just hurting us in the long run because we're become resistant to antibiotics.

The Swine Flu Scare

Also, animals shouldn’t have to be treated that way.
They have feelings, and living such a meaningless life is just plain cruel.
I’m not saying not to kill any animals, but treating them with respect wouldn’t hurt.
Just because they’ll be killed one day doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy their life.



All of these food companies only care about one thing: money.
I bet they don’t even care about “feeding the world” as they claim.
It’s just incredible to see how heartless and selfish some people can be!

I don’t know about you, but I would really like for this to stop.  I know it’s not easy, but if everyone starts buying more organic and local food, I think we could slowly change the food industry.

For now, I think I’ll keep eating from Chipotle until I can stand to look at meat again.
If it weren’t for steak, I would’ve already become vegan (even though nowadays I could still die from eating my greens!).



I thought this picture was pretty funny - it has to do with the diseases spinach was carrying a few years ago.








- Pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment