Thursday, June 20, 2013

What You REALLY Sound Like... Eww

Have you ever heard a recording of yourself and were totally shocked to hear yourself?
It's like, "I don't sound like that!"

Then everyone looks at you weird because, yeah, you do sound like that.
If you didn't know this before, now you do: the voice you hear in videos, voicemail, or any audio recording is in fact how you really sound like.

So now that you know this, do you like your voice?
When you hear yourself in any audio, can you stand it?
I know I can't!
My voice is too high pitched on audio, I sound so much better in my head.
If you're anything like the majority of people, you're probably wondering how in the world people can stand hearing you.

I found a video explaining why you sound differently and why people hate the sound of their own voice; check it out!



So the main point of the video: you're not hearing yourself the same way you hear everything else.
The voice you hear is only a voice in your head because it doesn't travel the same way other sounds do - your voice skips the process that other sounds go through.
So the answer is yes, everyone has to stand hearing that awful voice you have!
I'm just kidding, I don't think others find your voice awful just like you probably don't find most people's voices awful.

But now I'm curious: is there anyone who does like their voice?
And is there anyone who gets told they have a beautiful voice, yet they hate it?
Comment and let me know!

- Pillow

1 comment:

  1. Gaby--Good new entries. You are thoughtful and present interesting ideas. Keep working to create significance for your audience.

    ReplyDelete